Though long, my absence from the blog-o-sphere has been still some what productive, in more ways than 1.
In the past few months since my last post, I have:
- Moved out of home with my girlfriend of nearing on 3yrs,
- Got myself a new job
- Become a god father
- and many things I have more than likely forgotten.
Hobby wise though, much more progress has been done, and even more projects side lined.
For now, the Tyranids and the Dark Elves are side lined indefinitely until I get the inspiration to continue with the projects.
The Bloodpact on the other hand... much has been done and continues to be done, with many projects underway, planned or completed.
Units completed for the Bloodpact include:
- Harker with Vet squad consisting of 3 meltas and 6 shotguns, 1 of which also carries a demolition charge,
- 2 snipers and heavy bolter team to swap in/out of Harkers squad as needed,
- Scout Sentinel with autocannon and hunter killer missile
- Guardsmen Marbo
New units started/underway include:
- Iron Hand Straken with Comm squad consisting of cc weapons,
- Salamander-style Chimera with multi-laser and heavy bolter,
- Mutant/Renegade squad with 3 plasma guns, autocannon team and 4 lasguns, 1 of which also carries a demolition charge,
- Bull-dozer styled Chimera with multi-laser and heavy bolter,
- Leman Russ Executioner with hull lascannon,
- Macharius with 2 vanquisher cannons, 2 heavy flamers and heavy stubber,
- Malcador with battle cannon, and as yet to decide on sponson and hull weapons,
- Drop Sentinel with multi-melta
- Leman Russ/AT-70 Reaver conversion with hull heavy bolter
Still on the work bench from before include:
- Vendetta/Dark Eldar Raven conversion,
- Valkyrie/Locust conversion,
- Heavy Weapon squad of 3 autocannons,
- Heavy Weapon squad of 3 lascannons,
- Squad of 10 guardsmen with a flamer,
- Platoon Command squad,
- Medusa/N20 Half-track conversion
- Squad of 5 Rough Riders
Yet to start include:
- Colossus/Usurper conversion
- Hydra flak tank
Unfortunately I have yet to take any pictures as the camera is still packed away, and been rather slack in getting it out. Soon as I get some pics up I will go into more detail with everything.
Also, during this time away I went to the Australian Games Day 2011.
Considering it was the first Games day we have had since early 2000, it was alot of fun, and got a few books signed by Graham McNeil as well as a photo with him. Being 1 of my favorite writers from the black library, was very happy to get the chance to meet him.
I also entered Golden Daemon last year, and made it right through to the finals at games day.
The miniature I entered was my Truck Transport that I built from the designs put out to the public by the renowned Dave Taylor a few years back.
Unfortunately I didn't place in the top 3, not even in the 6 that get recognized for making it to the finals.
I did manage to find out why that is too; the truck is too realistic.
Honestly I think its a bit BS, as the guy that won had an average paint job, yet it was a fully scratch built executioner, but then, that is a fully scratch built truck I entered.
All in all it was a learning experience, and so now I am working on melding my realistic style in with the artistic style that Golden Daemon requires.
Well that's all for now, no promises as to when I will be able to post/get the pictures up, but until then, all the best with your hobby.